Sales and marketing professionals in Malaysia will continue to be highly sought after this quarter with companies creating more positions to increase sales and maintain loyal customers.
According to recruiting experts Hays, business development professionals are in high demand and those who can help employers expand their customer base will stand out.
“Companies are taking an aggressive step in hiring strong sales managers and capable business development professionals because they believe it’s important to build senior sales teams to take advantage of new market opportunities and diversify their products,” says Tom Osborne, Regional Director of Hays in Malaysia. “It will be a highly competitive market as employers actively hunt for the right people to fill their vacancies.”
In the latest Hays Quarterly Report for October to December 2016, Hays finds that regional and international exposure will put candidates in a positive light since the ability to grow businesses in new markets is exactly what employers are hunting for.
“Senior sales managers are particularly in high demand,” says Tom. “Employers hope to leverage on their experience and connect with customers to drive sales.”
“Some industries such as automotive are investing in after-sales teams where many positions have become available recently,” says Tom. “A strong after-sales team can effectively help organisations maintain loyal customers.”
Hays also says that resourceful sales and marketing professionals will be most likely to receive multiple job offers in this quarter.
“An experienced salesperson who has connections with customers is regarded as a valuable asset by employers,” says Tom. “Competition for resourceful sales professionals will become fiercer, but employers will find there aren’t many candidates of that kind available.”
To read the full Hays Quarterly Report, including candidate and employer trends and future issues, please visit http://www.hays.com.my/report/index.htm
Hays is located in Kuala Lumpur at Suite 4 & 5, Level 23, Menara 3, Petronas, Kuala Lumpur City Centre. Phone +60 3 2786 8600 or email email@example.com
Hays, the world’s leading recruiting experts in qualified, professional and skilled people.
- Ends -
For further information please contact Genevieve Ho, Marketing Executive - South East Asia at Hays on
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 30 June 2016 the Group employed 9,214 staff operating from 252 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2016:
– the Group reported net fees of £810.3 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £181 million;
– the Group placed around 67,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 220,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 22% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 45% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 33% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
– the temporary placement business represented 58% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 42% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA