In early November 2016, Tom Osborne, Regional Director of Hays Malaysia, presented findings from the Hays ‘DNA of a CIO’ report to over 20 Malaysian IT leaders. The cross-border study was conducted with 307 IT leaders across Asia from February to April 2016.
Presenting to an intimate crowd, Tom began the session by discussing the report which explores the career path to becoming a CIO, the need to build a solid technical foundation and the importance of keeping up-to-date with IT and other technological developments.
“CIOs need the ability to plan strategically and develop a multitude of business skills,” said Tom. He stressed the importance of keeping up with the latest industry trends, as well as having a solid basis of technical knowledge, to become a capable IT leader.
To explore the findings in more depth, the responses from Asia were compared against those from Australia and New Zealand, where Hays also conducted the study with 243 IT leaders.
IT leaders from Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia, Bursa Malaysia Berhad and Gamuda Berhad attended the event and participated in some interesting discussions about what it takes to reach the top job in IT.
To view the findings or request a copy of the report visit our dedicated website section DNA of CIO.
Hays is located in Kuala Lumpur at Suite 4 & 5, Level 23, Menara 3, Petronas, Kuala Lumpur City Centre. Phone +60 3 2786 8600 or email email@example.com
Hays, the world’s leading recruiting experts in qualified, professional and skilled people.
- Ends -
For further information please contact Genevieve Ho, Marketing Executive - South East Asia at Hays on Genevieve.Ho@hays.com.sg
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 30 June 2016 the Group employed 9,214 staff operating from 252 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2016:
– the Group reported net fees of £810.3 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £181 million;
– the Group placed around 67,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 220,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 22% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 45% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 33% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
– the temporary placement business represented 58% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 42% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA