National Sales Managers, Tax professionals and Compliance Officers are just three of the skills in demand in Malaysia’s job market as hiring activity returns to the high levels seen before the end-of-year bonus season, says recruiting expert Hays.
According to the recruiter’s April to June 2015 Hays Quarterly Report, released today, a lot of movement is expected in the recruitment market this quarter due to the traditional payment of bonuses.
“This quarter will be active as new jobs and replacement roles become available thanks to people leaving their existing roles as soon as they receive their annual bonuses,” says Christine Wright, Managing Director of Hays in Asia. “In addition, there are still many opportunities emerging as a number of large global businesses are setting up local offices in Malaysia.
“An interesting trend has been the increased investment in e-commerce businesses. Large companies either enter joint ventures with more successful e-commerce businesses that have already launched in other countries in the region, or are leveraging their current customer database to launch on their own.
“Either way, Malaysia will continue to be a hotspot for new and upcoming Internet and e-commerce businesses, since the economy is still growing and there is a lot of opportunity for businesses to capitalise on this growth,” said Christine.
According to the Hays Quarterly Report, the following skills are just some of those in demand:
• Hays Accountancy & Finance: The current GST implementation in Malaysia is creating an increase in demand for Tax professionals with GST experience.
• Hays Banking: Compliance Officers are in demand due to strict governance from Malaysia’s Central Bank. Banks are tightening control and trying to minimize potential compliance issues.
• Hays Human Resources: High demand exists for Talent Acquisition specialists due to HR’s current focus on both attraction and retention strategies.
• Hays Information Technology: There is currently a lack of Senior IT professionals in Malaysia who possess the right balance of technical skills and business acumen. Candidates with the ability to communicate their technical expertise effectively in the business environment are highly sought.
• Hays Finance Technology: Senior Project Managers (Application System / Development) are highly sought after as AGILE methodology experience is in tremendous demand right now.
• Hays Sales & Marketing: We have seen a large spike in demand for National Sales Managers from FMCG companies. Some are replacement roles, but many are new roles as businesses continue to grow and develop in Malaysia.
• Hays Oil & Gas: Proposal Engineers are in demand due to the current situation in Malaysia’s oil and gas market. Engineering companies that are struggling to find new projects are adding local talent who have experience working on large complex projects.
• Hays Supply Chain: We’re seeing a high demand for Procurement Leads / Managers. Hands-on candidates with staff management experience are needed, as are experienced buyers with specific category knowledge.
To see the full list of skills in demand and trends for your industry, please visit the Hays Quarterly Report at http://www.hays.com.my/report.
For more, please see the full Hays Quarterly Report at hays.com.my/report.
Hays is located in Kuala Lumpur at Suite 4 & 5, Level 23, Menara 3, Petronas, Kuala Lumpur City Centre. Phone +60 3 2786 8600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ends -
For further information please contact Lucy Sharp, Regional Head of Marketing at Hays, on +61 2 8226 9885 or email@example.com