Muhammad Fakhruz_Hays Hack Winner_Blog Banner
Muhammad Fakhruz_Hays Hack Winner
1. Please tell us a bit about yourself, your current role, and your background
I am a Full-Stack Software Engineer at Lizard Global. I came from a geological background with no prior experience in Information Technology. The change in my career direction was because of the limitless opportunities in technology industry.
2. What are some of the sources or platforms that you use to learn or update your skills?
I learn and update my skills through Youtube, Discord, and Stack Overflow. However, I personally prefer Discord when facing challenges because of the quick response from fellow developers.
3. How do you balance quality, speed, and innovation in your work when you're faced with time constraints esp with tight deadlines?
When it comes to tight datelines, I would usually create a list of tech debts that I leave behind, because eventually those features will need to be fixed. It all comes down to planning and determining what can and cannot be compromised.
4. What are your career goals or aspirations as a technology professional, and how do you plan to achieve them?
Besides being competent in what I currently do, I would like to further grow my skills in architecting the system from the top to bottom and be knowledgeable in every aspect of Software Development. I would like to move into a managerial role leading a team and maintaining the quality of my work. I am thankful that my current company is providing me the pathway to achieve my goals by allowing me to take lead and collaborate with junior developers.
5. What inspired you or drove you to pursue (Programming Language)?
6. What is one advice you would give to aspiring Software Engineers of tomorrow?
You shouldn’t feel that you are doing very well at what you are doing. Coding is like putting a bunch of Lego blocks together. You can find developers to build an app together, but they do not necessarily understand the process simultaneously happening behind the scene. They are unable to proceed when they are faced with challenges. Hence, you cannot be complacent with what you know, you must find motivation to dig deeper into the technology you are using. This mindset helped me to be who I am today.