Refer a Friend Terms & Conditions
Refer a friend
Terms & Conditions
Please read below to understand how our Refer a Friend program works and for the conditions attached to participating in the scheme.
You may be prompted to review and accept further terms and conditions from third parties when and as they arise, where relevant.
Conditions of Entry
To be eligible to participate in the scheme, as the person referring (i.e. the Referrer) you will:
- Only refer personal contacts. That is, you will not refer any person where you gained or developed the relationship through your employment, office, agency or any other position you may hold, or where referring the person would constitute any breach of duty that you owe to any other organisation or person;
- Agree to and comply with any requested third parties’ terms and conditions.
In addition to the above, to be eligible to participate in the scheme, the person you are referring (i.e. the Referee) will:
- Never have been placed by Hays Malaysia previously;
- Not have been in direct contact with a Hays consultant in Malaysia in the 12 months prior;
- Already be working in Malaysia or otherwise eligible to work in Malaysia;
- Submit required details on the unique link belonging to the Referrer to register as a Referee prior to being put forward for or applying to a role;
- Apply, register or submit their CV to Hays Malaysia using the same email address registered to enter the recruitment process; and
- Successfully be placed in a role within 12 months from the date registered as a Referee; and for permanent placements, the Referee is placed in a role for minimum 1 month and for temporary or contract placements, that a minimum of 40 hours is completed within the first 4 weeks of placement.
Upon the Referee meeting the eligibility criteria above, the Referrer will be eligible to receive an e-voucher to the value of RM500.
The e-voucher will be issued to the Referrer’s email address provided to Hays by the Referrer.
For the avoidance of doubt, it is the Referrer who will be eligible for the voucher upon achieving the above. Upon registering with Hays, a Referee can then engage in the scheme as a Referrer by then referring a personal contact.
Referrers can be rewarded multiple times provided all Referees meet the eligibility criteria.
Upon participating in the scheme, you acknowledge and agree that:
- An individual can only be referred to Hays once. That is, if the Referee is referred to Hays by more than one Referrer, it will be the first Referrer who achieves all of the conditions of entry who will be eligible for the reward;
- The scheme is not open to Hays internal employees or their family members;
- For the avoidance of doubt, a person cannot refer themselves;
- The reward is not transferable or exchangeable and not redeemable for cash;
- You will refund, upon demand at any time, any reward where you are found to be in breach of these Terms and Conditions;
- Hays and its suppliers do not accept any responsibility for e-vouchers not successfully received due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind;
- Hays and its suppliers exclude their liability for lost or stolen e-vouchers;
- Hays reserves the right to offer an alternative reward of the same value at any time;
- It is Hays’ sole discretion as to which specialisms participate in the scheme; and
- Hays’ decision is final.
- Referrals must be made through the platform via the unique share URL link . Verbal referrals or a referral made outside of the platform will not be accepted into the program
Liability and Governing Law
In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, pandemic or change of commercial circumstance in any way including relating to COVID-19, Hays reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the scheme, subject to any lawful directions from a relevant authority.
Except to the extent not permitted by law, Hays fully excludes is liability arising out of or in connection with the scheme and the Terms and Conditions for any direct or indirect loss of or damage to profit, revenue, savings, data, use, contract, goodwill, opportunity or business, or any indirect or consequential loss or damage, in each case howsoever caused or arising.
The scheme and the Terms and Conditions are exclusively governed by the laws of Malaysia where the referral is made
Search for jobs
Search for jobs
Looking for a new role? Search here for your ideal job or get in touch with one of our expert consultants.
Salary checker promo box
Check your salary today
Find out if you are earning the salary you deserve in Malaysia with the Hays salary checker